Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sailboat Update!

I finished the stitching on my sailboat panels and I can't wait to share them with you! I love the way they turned out. Right now they are in simple dollar store frames because I just couldn't wait to see them behind glass, but the plan is to properly frame them next week.

Let's take a sneak peak, shall we?











They are very similar but not identical and I'm thinking that a third panel might be nice, perhaps one with just clouds and maybe a seagull...along with a sailboat of course. Or maybe one with a pirate flag!

Anyway, now it's time to decide on the framing. I'm thinking a nice wooden frame stained in a honey color and a plain white mat. Another option would be a aged gold or brass frame to mimic the hardware that is often seen on boats. My husband suggested a frame made of rope from the rigging of a sail, but I thought that would be too literal.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment