Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sailboats!

I recently decided that my bathroom needed some handmade help. It needed art. So, after some thought, I decided that I'd make two felt panels to frame and hang on the wall over the towel rod.


My idea was to make the panels into landscapes of sailboats in the water. The Mister loves the ocean so I knew he'd be thrilled with them which is key since he's a mega critic of home decor. In order to make them blend in with the current decor in there, I went with a color scheme of blue and browns and cream. The shapes of the boats are simple, very geometric, and they are embroidered on to the felt. I decided on two complementary panels as opposed to two identical panels.

I took the above shot as I was working on the layout of the first panel. I'm still working on the design of the second, but this one is almost done!

Now...what kind of frame should I use?





No comments:

Post a Comment