Friday, May 17, 2013

Goodies Box - May 2013

My May Goodies Box arrived today! Luckily it arrived while Boo was napping so I could open it right away. The box was the same size as last month but it weighed a ton!!

The box, begging me to open it.
 I was super excited to find out what was inside.

The first peek...

Ta da! Look at all those goodies!
 I was really happy when I opened the tissue paper. The box was chock full of things to try. First up was Numi Organic Tea in Moroccan Mint. I have been a fan of Numi teas for a while but I've never tried this flavor...probably because I'm not a very big fan of mint tea. The Mister happens to love mint tea though, so I plan to offer him the chance to sample this flavor. I bet he'll be a big fan.  

They included a coupon too!

 The next item in the box was candy. I love candy. I love sour candy. I'm really interested in these Sour Power Straws. I worked in a candy store in high school and I became addicted to sour candies. I used to collect the sour sugar that built up in the bottoms of the sour candies bins at the store and use it to sweeten iced teas at work. It was so good that I got some of my co-workers hooked too. To this day I still groove on Sour Patch Kids and hoard them every Halloween.

I got Blue Raspberry and Pink Lemonade.

 I also think that these Sour Straws would be handy when decorating cakes and cupcakes. They'd be really pretty as swirls and spirals on a cupcake with a modern feel.


Chipotle BBQ Beanitos came out of the box next. I'm not sure about this flavor. The idea of a black bean chip sounds fantastic to me but I really don't like BBQ flavored chips. On the other hand, I adore chipotles. Maybe the combination will work for me? I don't know but I'm looking forward to trying them tomorrow night. It's BBQ night at our house so I'll give them a whirl with our burgers. I also like that they have 4 grams of protein per serving...I won't feel so bad if I share them with my toddler!
 
Bronco Bob's Roasted Mango Chipotle Sauce is sure to be a mega hit for me. I plan on using it when I grill tomorrow too. I'm thinking chicken breasts brushed with the sauce and served with a side of grilled onions. Yum, yum, yum!

The website suggests pouring it over vanilla ice cream as a sweet and spicy desert. I love my ice cream, I eat ice cream every night, and the idea of spicy ice cream is fantastic. The Mister and I made Jalepeno ice cream on one of our first dates and it was really darn good so I think I might try this out on dessert one night too.


Sea Salt Super Seedz are a salted pumpkin seed snack. They taste pretty good but I think I'll be using them in my granola bar experiments instead of just snacking on them. It's a great way to add a bit more healthy fat to my post-workout refuel.


Two tiny little pouches of California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil were also in the box. The Mister loves olive oil drizzled on a salad and I love it tossed with roasted veggies so these were very exciting to find. I might actually tuck these into a picnic lunch over the weekend as a treat for The Mister.

The item that had added all the extra weight to the box was Zico Pure Premium Coconut Water. My mother has been raving about the health benefits of coconut water for months so I'm looking forward to trying this. The website suggests using it in a smoothie which is an interesting idea. I think Boo and I might make one for snack over the weekend.




A coupon for Wholly Guacamole and a branded chip clip were at the bottom of the box. I might use this, but I prefer to make my own guac...it will probably wind up being given to my mother. She's a guacamole fiend.

It was a pretty great box this month. I enjoyed look at and looking up all of the various goodies and I can't wait to start sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment