Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rainbow Redux

Bryn Socks
 You know how it's nearly impossible to decide what to knit next when you have a whole world of possibilities open to you? Well, after I completed my latest sample pair for the design about to be published I was at a complete loss. I could knit anything I wanted, something I hadn't had the opportunity to do for two months. The first thing I did was quickly finish up the Bryn Socks. That took all of 10 minutes. I love knitting worsted weight socks because of the nearly instant gratification but then I was done. What Now?!



I had three options:

1. I could work on my next design. Tempting but I decided I deserved a break since I'd just mailed off my Under the Sea idea. The sample for that would need to be knit so that I could actually write up a pattern, but it could wait.

Three Irish Girls Spring Mini Set on Kells
2. I could knit a sweater with the gorgeous Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in Dusty Lavender that I scored at the Webs Tent Sale (If you've never been, my goodness you need to go. It's amazing!) on Saturday. Also tempting, but it would require a bit of thinking and I wasn't quite ready for that.

So that left option 3. I could give into temptation and knit the pair of socks that had been playing with my imagination for months now. Rainbow striped Kaiso.

I'd been thinking about knitting another pair of these socks for a while now. A few months ago while perusing Ravelry, I came across a pair of Kaiso that had been knit in multicolored bands. I loved idea behind them and knew instantly that I'd finally found a home for my Three Irish Girls Spring Mini Sampler Set on Kells. It was about time too - that set had been knit and frogged so many times as it tried to tell me what to. Well, I'm only about halfway through the first sock but it's love at first sight. How fun are these?!

Rainbow Kaiso - In progress

No comments:

Post a Comment