Saturday, September 7, 2013

L'Shana Tova!

L'Shana Tova! Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, ends this evening and I just wanted to show y'all the pretty decorations that my toddler and I made to decorate our dining room for the large family dinners we held for the holiday. Since it's traditional to eat apples and honey to celebrate the new year, because they are thought to symbolize a sweet beginning to the coming year, I decided that apple printing would be the best way to go.


Boo and I printed apples onto white drawing paper with tempera paint in red and green. We each used half of a Fuji apple, and switched halves partway through because he wanted a chance to share. How could I say no to that?


After they dried, I cut out apples from the paper and hung them on fishing line to make garlands. Then I framed a really cool print that Boo had made to use as a central focus to the wall. I hung the print and arranged the garlands in strips around it. It was really cute and made a great background for the shindig.

I also baked two GIANT loaves of challah - aren't they gorgeous?!







No comments:

Post a Comment