Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Inbetween Times

Not Dreaming of Sheepn..ts Socks
In between writing patterns, I like to whip out simple projects that give a feeling of instant gratification. Since I sent out my most recent design the other day, I decided it was time to reward myself. I noticed a contest on Ravelry - knit Allison Janocha's Insomnia socks by the end of May and get entered to win a gift certificate to Pulling at Strings. Well, I adore Pulling at Strings and Allison is a fantastic designer so I decided to jump on it. I chose to cast on with Three Irish Girls Kells Sport in the limited edition Sheepn..ts colorway.


 What a pleasure they were! The texture of the pattern did a wonderful job of preventing pooling, something that I really don't like very much. I cast off yesterday and have been wearing them all day. Happy!




L - R: Bryn on Springvale, Berocco Vintage
What next? I should have started work on my next project but since I caught my son's cold, I decided to cast on a second pair of instant gratification socks. This time I chose the yarn before the pattern - Three Irish Girls, again. I decided to use Bryn on Springvale Super Merino, one of my favorite yarns for making boot socks. It's so squishy and soft AND it wears like a dream. I also noticed that I had scraps of Berroco Vintage in a purple that matched exactly which meant that I was going to knit up a plain vanilla pair of boot socks in Bryn (to show off the gorgeous colors best) with purple contrast cuffs and toes. Simple, east, fast, and fun. I can't wait to see how they work up. I hope the colors don't pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment