Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hitting The Beach...

Inspiration has hit!

Sock Summit was a major victory in terms of getting my creative juices flowing again. I've got three ideas that I'm currently working on, with one of them actually on the needles. I'm so excited by it.

Kaiso, knit in Kells Sport from Three Irish Girls
I wore my Kaiso socks to SS11 because my friends wanted to see them in person. Surprisingly, I was asked if my socks could be put on display in the Three Irish Girls booth for the rest of the summit. If you remember, I knit them with my Three Irish Girls Spring Mini Skeins on Kells and folks had been asking repeatedly for ideas of what to knit with mini-skein sets. Well, instant example! I was more than happy to leave them there. I'm told that the socks were a big hit and people kept asking for the pattern.






Kaiso is not my pattern, it's a gorgeous Judy Sumner pattern from Knitting Socks East and West, but it had led me down a path of experimenting with patterns for the mini-skein sets.I now have a pattern that I'm incredibly excited about and I'm knitting the first sample this week. Take a look at the gorgeous yarn I get to knit them with:

Beachtown Mini Skeins on Kells Sport from Three Irish Girls
The colors are straight out of my backyard! I live in a fishing town, just blocks from the ocean, so it's only natural I should design something reminiscent of the seashore with names like Skipjack, Salt Spray, Bayside, and Driftwood. I can't wait to show these off...

No comments:

Post a Comment